Sun Odyssey 409
The 409 is Jeanneau’s sleekest 40+ footer; and as one of our flagship yachts she’s in our ‘Prestige’ range. A performance cruiser with extra emphasis on easy handling so she’s as simple to sail as a smaller boat for her superior size. Her extra wide, hard-chined hull not only makes her very stable under sail but looks bang up-to-date too!
- Lefkas Marina Base
- Support from Lead Skipper & Crew (Flotilla)
- Sociable cruising in company
- Evening socials, beach BBQ, punch party
- Beach Club stop over with a free day of water sports
- Suits Novice Day Skipper's to Experts
- Two great itineraries for 1 & 2-week cruises
- Try a Stay & Sail at our award winning Beach Club
- Stand Up Paddleboard with yacht
- Year of build: 2015
- Length: 12.39m / 41ft
- Draft 2.1m
- Sail Area 78.9msq
- Number of Berths: 6-8
- Number of Heads: 1
- Number of Showers: 1
- Number of Sleeping Cabins: 3
- Headroom (in Saloon): 6'5"
- Engine: 40hp
About the Sun Odyssey 409
The design brief was simple: take every element that embodies the excellent Sun Odyssey range and make it better. The outcome: a superb sailing yacht with a refined style, elegant lines and a bright interior.
Jeanneau 409 is perfectly suited to novice and expert sailors with her easily managed sail plan and sparkling performance. She has that ultra-modern look and hard chines coupled with a wide hull to enhance her form stability and twin helms allow the helmsman a clear view of the sails on each tack.
She’s the ideal boat for a family or even two small families to share. Her extremely spacious interior is given that extra dose of luxury with cream upholstery, a maple wood finish and everything you could possibly need to live aboard in high comfort.
Expect three double cabins, twin wheels and an open transom with bathing platform and ladder so you can dip in and out of the Meds’ clear warm waters all day long…
We love this yacht for…
Her well-appointed interior, superior deck gear and navigation systems, enormous cockpit and her easy to handle rig which makes short-handed sailing or family cruising a joy.
As a finalist in the European Yacht of the Year awards in the Family Cruiser category she’s a great boat to relax on board or swim from at anchor. Expect two bathrooms (or heads) with WC, three large double sleeping cabins. So, you have a total of 6 spacious berths plus additional 2 berths in the saloon.
Expect a fully equipped galley with gas oven, cooker and electric fridge to take care of the catering and one bathroom equipped with WC, shower and sink.
Boat of the year finalist, 2011
All yachts come with
- Stand up paddleboard
- Area cruising notes
- Roller furling genoa
- Self-tailing winches
- Chart plotter
- Autopilot & GPS Navigation
- Bimini sun-top
- Inflatable dinghy
- Bathing platform & ladder
- Deck shower
- Gravity holding tank
- Cockpit table, & cushions
- Electric fridge
- Hot, pressurised water
- At least one bathroom (WC & shower)
- 12 volt electricity socket
- Radio / music player (4 x USB outlets)
- Yacht Security Deposit
- Food and drink for your week
- Charter Pack, (Welcome Pack, end clean, bed linen, 2 Nts mooring fees): £95
- Outboard engine for dinghy (£69)
- A skipper, if required. [More on Skippers]
- Fuel for boat (pay for what you use at end of stay)