Our ‘Start Windsurfing’ Course
All our centres are ideal for learning to windsurf and we offer free and inclusive five half-day beginner courses for everyone. They follow the RYA (Royal Yachting Association) syllabus so you also get an internationally recognised qualification at the end of your stay.
Over the last decade, we are proud to have taught all ages from 8 to 70 years old! So, whatever your fitness level, your almost always going to be able to join in. It’s low-pressured and it’s lots of fun because the conditions are so nice! Even guests who’ve come away with no intention of windsurfing – are tempted to “give it a go” and leave us with a new skill and sport to continue at home.
- RYA Start Windsurf courses: Free in all our Beach Clubs
- Duration: 5 days, 2.5 to 3 hrs/day
- Free for guests: age 14+ (all levels of fitness!)
- Under 13’s: can join our free Kids Club with water sports tasters.
- 8-13 year olds: Can join Youth Squad for dedicated RYA coaching (paid for)
- Group Size: Normally 8-12 persons and a 6:1 student / instructor ratio
- Course content: Teaches you the basics of windsurfing in light airs
- Ability after course: You’ll be able to sail to a chosen point, turn around and come back to your start point in light winds.