RYA Day Skipper Theory
Fast track Day Skipper Practical candidates must have completed an RYA Day Skipper theory course before arriving. The RYA Day Skipper Theory course can be taken from the comfort of your home with our E-Learning package in about 30 to 40 hours.
Book as a Beach Club resident
You can book a place on our tuition yacht (based in Vassiliki harbour) while staying at our Surf Hotel Beach Club. Join the yacht each day (9-5pm, 5 days) while your family rests-up back at our Club. You will need two weeks at our Beach Club to complete our fast track course. Each week will require 5 days of tuition.
Book as a Live-aboard
You can book a place or places onto the yacht as a live-aboard pupil in shared cabins. You will learn with your instructor over a week-long cruise of the Ionian. You can pay a supplement to book a cabin privately. Normally 50%, please call our sales team for options.
Book a Tuition Yacht Privately
You can book the tuition yacht and instructor privately for groups of 2 to 5 persons in order to complete this course. If you are living-aboard and following our flotilla route as you learn (which is the sociable option!), then you can arrange for the instructor to sleep on our lead yacht when at anchor, by special arrangement. It gives families some extra privacy. As a private yacht charter, you will need to provision the yacht and remember to include your instructor in your provisioning.
We provision the yacht for breakfast and a light lunch on board. You are welcome to purchase any extra nibbles you may require and for the evening meal there are a range of lovely waterside taverna’s to choose from. We do not provision for private yacht charters.
- We do not specifically cater for vegetarian or other diets, but please inform us at the time of your booking and we will endeavour to do so.
- Evening meals are at your own expense.
- Please note: you will be expected to help with the cooking, washing up and general domestic duties of the yacht.
- A fully equipped tuition yacht (solo supplements)
- Tuition from our RYA Yacht Master Instructor
- Provisioning for breakfast & light lunch (except private charters)
- All mooring fees and local port taxes
- Diesel, water & gas
- Participation in flotilla activities where possible
- End cleaning, bed linen and towel
- Course completion certificate
- A complimentary day of Beachclub watersports on freesail day
Travel and Flights
We can include flights and transfers with all our holidays. Flights are direct from the UK to Preveza and our staff will meet you at the airport when you arrive. The transfer to Lefkas marina is about 25 minutes. If you choose to self-travel, taxis are easy enough to pick up from outside the airport.
Marina Address: Lefkas Marina, East Shore Lefkada, 311 00 Greece
Day Skipper is a tidal course
Our course is a tidal course and covers the theory of tidal stream and height calculation. As a newly qualified Day Skipper, after successful completion of our course, we’d strongly advise gaining further experience in tidal waters before skippering any coastal passages in tidal waters.