Ocean Elements logo

Do you need help arranging your holiday?

Phone icon
Call one of our experts on 02039498363
Phone icon
Make An Enquiry
Complete our online form
How long are you going for?
Choose Your Departure Date
Where are you going?

Over 12 years old


2 to 12 years old


0 to 23 months old

Travel and Brexit

Many of our guests are booking holidays for 2019 and 2020; and have some questions about what might happen after 29th March and how it could affect their holiday.

The political process is ongoing with many details to be finalised, however the good news is that many things will not change:

Flights will still operate. Visas or ESTA-type arrangements for UK nationals are not needed (not until at least 2021 as we’re informed). British passports will still be valid for travel. You do need to check that your passport is valid for 6 months after your planned date of arrival in the EU.

Your complete Financial Protection

If you book an Alpine Elements Holiday, the monies you pay are fully protected and you have full financial protection This includes Ocean Elements and iGOSKi.

Alpine Elements Ltd is fully licensed and bonded by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) and ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents) and in addition, you are protected by the Package Travel Regulations.

Put simply – this means that in the very unlikely event we are unable to operate your holiday, you will not lose the money you have paid to us and will be refunded in full.

ABTA Advice

Quote from ABTA

Even in the event of a ‘no-deal’ situation. After we leave the EU, British passports will still be valid for travel from the United Kingdom to the European Union, no matter whether you are travelling for a package holiday, a business trip or anything in-between. The government recommends that for travel after 29th March 2019, your passport should have at least six months validity remaining.

If you are self driving, the advice is to apply for a green card in case of a ‘no deal Brexit’. They are likely to be issued by an insurance company for free, but it could take up to a month to obtain one.


Find out More

Will flights still operate?

Quote from ABTA

‘UK citizens can be reassured that regardless of the Brexit outcome planes will still fly between the UK and the EU: if a deal is agreed then we will be in a transition period, meaning everything will stay the same until the end of December 2020 and flights will continue as normal.’

Even if we are in a no-deal scenario, the European Commission has said that UK airlines will still be able to operate flights between the UK and the EU. The UK government has offered similar assurances for EU airlines.

What happens if I book to travel after 29 March 2019 and my holiday can’t go ahead due to Brexit?

There is nothing to suggest that you will not be able to continue with your holiday plans after 29 March. Even in a no-deal scenario, the European Commission has said flights to and from the UK will still be able to operate.

Customers who book a package holiday with a fully licensed UK travel company such as Alpine Elements Ltd, (including iGOSKi and Ocean Elements) enjoy the most comprehensive consumer protection: if you book a package including flights, your holiday will be protected under the ATOL scheme. If your holiday does not include flights, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA.

The UK Government has confirmed that the Package Travel Regulations will remain in the UK law when the UK leaves the EU.

Should I take out travel insurance to cover Brexit?

The best way to protect your holiday is to book a package with a UK operator – it is the travel provider’s responsibility to make sure your holiday is provided and to offer an alternative or refund if it cannot be delivered.

It is important that whenever and wherever you travel that you have adequate travel insurance which covers your specific needs, including any known medical conditions or activities you plan to do. It is also worth checking the detail of the policy around travel disruption including delays or cancellations.

Driving licences

As long as you have a full UK driving licence, you don’t currently need an additional licence to drive in the EU. This is likely to change in a no-deal scenario. UK travellers looking to drive in the EU on or after 29 March 2019 may need to apply for the relevant International Driving Permit.

These cost £5.50 and are available directly from the Post Office. The Government has extended the network of Post Offices where you can apply for an International Driving Permit, find your nearest branch here.

Need help arranging your holiday?

Request a Brochure

Ocean Elements Brochure

View our brochures online or have them delivered to your door.

View Brochures

Groups of 6+ SAVE £££'s

Booking for a group of more than 6 people, get a quote and SAVE.

Recent Blog News

Vassiliki, Your “Must Visit” Summer Destination

Lefkada is the fourth largest island in the Ionian Sea of the Mediterranean. The island is located on the west coast of Greece and connected to the mainland by a large causeway and floating bridge.

Read More

Simon Winkley - Windsurf Coaching Weeks

Simon Winkley is a top windsurfing coach who is a regular out in our Beach Club in Vassiliki. In order to help you to get to know Simon a bit more we met up with him to throw a few questions his way.

Read More